Meet our team
Originally from Florianopolis in Brazil, moved to New Zealand at the age of 21. He began his training in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu in Auckland, under Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Instructor Sensei Douglas Santos.
Whilst working his way from white belt to black belt, Felipe earned a NZ championship title, an Auckland Inter-Clubs title and many other placings in tournaments.
Now living in Mount Maunganui with his wife and two young boys, Felipe works full time running Mount Maunganui Jiu Jitsu.
Felipe is a qualified Certified Personal Trainer, and teaches Jiu Jitsu classes for children and Jiu Jitsu classes for adults (all levels from beginner to black belt)
Sergio was born and raised in Florianópolis-SC, Brazil and had his first taste of traditional BJJ at 16 but decided to train Tae Kwon-do instead, attaining black belt. Sergio battled through a prolonged period of life threatening sickness. A doctor suggested he resume martial arts, reigniting his BJJ journey. He enrolled at Gracie Barra (Brazil) and made a commitment to attain Black Belt to inspire his community.
“It doesn’t matter your age. Jiu-Jitsu is for everyone. On the mats, you cannot lie. This is where you show what you are and I can tell a lot about people by the way they train or roll…”
- Champion: Masters Category:
- IBJJF: Pan Pacific 2 place
- AJPRO: Oceania GI: 2 place NOGI 1 place
- AFBJJ: State Champion
- SJJIF: Oceania Open GI: 2 place NOGI 2 place
- SJJFNZ: 1 place National Champion
- NSWBJJF: 1 place Summer Cup
- GRAPPLING CIRCUIT: Auckland Regional: 1 place
- Martial Arts Certificates: Gracie Barra
- ICP: instructor Certification Program
- UAEJJF: Referee Level 1
Snowdon Ern Siregar
- Basic Military Training Instructor, Singapore Armed Forces
- BA Psychology, Victoria University.
- Personal Trainer and Boot Camp Instructor, Les Mills Extreme.
- Sofie’s Dad, Papamoa Beach.
“Brazilian Jiu Jitsu is an excellent vehicle for self-improvement. It is a culture of order, structure, cleanliness, politeness and respect.”